HEAD HOUSEKEEPER TO THE EARL AND COUNTESS OF DERBY
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Head Housekeeper to join our household team in the private residence at Knowsley.
This is a busy and fast-moving household, doing a great deal of entertaining on both a formal and informal basis and you will be part of the team providing a warm welcome for the Earl and Countess’ guests.
Applicants should have an easy-going yet professional disposition and be dedicated to high standards at all times. Complete confidentiality and attention to detail is essential. To be a good fit for our long-standing team, you must have a good sense of humour, be approachable yet highly professional and thoroughly organised at all times.
Our housekeepers undertake general cleaning duties, including the handling of antiques and precious objects. Ideal candidates will have previous housekeeping and management experience but experience of handling precious objects is not essential as full training will be provided, however you must be comfortable handing these items and be very conscientious.
- Full housekeeping and laundry duties
- Management of small housekeeping team
- Wardrobe management
- Washing, ironing, mending of clothing
- Packing and unpacking of suitcases
- Purchasing and maintaining stock levels of housekeeping items
- Breakfast in bed and turndown as and when required
- Shared responsibility for household security
Key qualifying criteria
- Previous experience in a housekeeping role, ideally within a private residence
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality
- Meticulous housekeeping skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous experience managing staff
- Strong spoken level of English
- Be fit and energetic
- Flexible approach to work
- Team player
- Dog friendly
- Supporting references are essential
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send your up to date CV showing your current salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively by post to: Kathryn Parkinson, HR Manager, Estate Office, Knowsley Hall, Prescot, Merseyside, L34 4AG.
Hours of work: Based on an average of 40 hours per week
Closing date: 31 July 2017
Interviews: Candidates must ideally be available between 5th-10th August for interview
Knowsley Hall are proud to have received several prestigious awards.