HEAD HOUSEKEEPER TO THE EARL AND COUNTESS OF DERBY
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Head Housekeeper to join our household team in the private residence at Knowsley.
This is a busy and fast-moving household, doing a great deal of entertaining on both a formal and informal basis and you will be part of the team providing a warm welcome for the Earl and Countess’ guests.
Applicants should have an easy-going yet professional disposition and be dedicated to high standards at all times. Complete confidentiality and attention to detail is essential. To be a good fit for our long-standing team, you must have a good sense of humour, be approachable yet highly professional and thoroughly organised at all times.
Our housekeepers undertake general cleaning duties, including the handling of antiques and precious objects. Ideal candidates will have previous housekeeping and management experience but experience of handling precious objects is not essential as full training will be provided, however you must be comfortable handing these items and be very conscientious.
- Full housekeeping and laundry duties
- Management of small housekeeping team
- Wardrobe management
- Washing, ironing, mending of clothing
- Packing and unpacking of suitcases
- Purchasing and maintaining stock levels of housekeeping items
- Breakfast in bed and turndown as and when required
- Shared responsibility for household security
Key qualifying criteria
- Previous experience in a housekeeping role, ideally within a private residence
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality
- Meticulous housekeeping skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous experience managing staff
- Strong spoken level of English
- Be fit and energetic
- Flexible approach to work
- Team player
- Dog friendly
- Supporting references are essential
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send your up to date CV showing your current salary to: email@example.com or alternatively by post to: Kathryn Parkinson, HR Manager, Estate Office, Knowsley Hall, Prescot, Merseyside, L34 4AG.
Hours of work: Based on an average of 40 hours per week
Interviews: Candidates must ideally be available between 5th-10th August for interview
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, averaging 40 hours per week.
Closing Date: Monday 21 August 2017
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Officer to join our small Accounts team for the Knowsley Estate which services Knowsley Hall, Knowsley Safari and the wider Estate.
As a Finance Officer, you will support the Financial Controller with the day-to-day management of the Estate’s finances. The successful candidate will have an easy-going yet professional disposition and be dedicated to high standards at all times. Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Payroll duties such as preparing payroll, paying BACS file, prepare P11D information.
- Invoice responsibilities such as check calculations on all purchase invoices, code and post all invoices to the finance system, raise sales invoices, pay all approved purchase invoices.
- Prepare rent demands.
- Collect and allocate standing orders.
- Reconcile bank statements on a weekly basis.
- Reconcile credit cards on a monthly basis.
- Bank all monies preparing cheques and cash for banking.
- Assist with monthly management accounts preparations.
- Prepare and update working spreadsheets for budgets.
Our ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in a finance role, have the ability to maintain confidentiality, be methodical with an excellent attention to detail and be able to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively. You should be IT literate, be honest, reliable and have personal integrity along with the key requirements as highlighted in the job description and role specification.
Due to our location, your own transport would be advantageous.
How to apply
You should download our application form, complete it and send it together with your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Where email is unavailable, please post your application to Human Resources, Knowsley Safari, Prescot, Merseyside, L34 4AN.
Please click here to view the job description.
Download our application form here.
Interviews are intended to take place on Thursday 31 August and Friday 1 September 2017.
Knowsley Hall are proud to have received several prestigious awards.